Welcome Thought

Take a music bath once or twice a week for a few seasons. You will find it is to the soul what a water bath is to the body. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sing by The Classic Crime

Sing by The Classic Crime is an amazing song.  I heard that song perhaps a hundred times, before I actually listened to it.

"We sing the same song, you and I
With lead feet in deep water, we cry out to live or die
Instead we tread in waves to stay alive
Our heads above the grave but there's no one to save us this time."

The song tells a small story about someone in grave danger.  They are experiencing a near death experience where there is no way out, or at least they feel that way.  The part that gets me, is the first line of the chorus.

"So I will sing"


Four simple words that just make me choke up.  I could not count the number of times I had been in a situation that I thought I would never make it out.  My first reaction is not to call on God, my first reaction is how can I get out of this.  When I finally do seek God, it's "GET ME OUT OF HERE!!"  In this song, he sings!  How amazing is that! Singing like he's grateful for the opportunity to be in the situation he's in.  The second benefit to this, goes back to my introduction, singing positive, God honoring music will also transform your mood, to emulate that music.

Psalm 84:2 says "My heart and my flesh cry out to the living God".  I hope that the next time your feeling like your in too much trouble, cry out to God, sing to him, allow all who dwell in Heaven hear your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment